1.4 As used herein, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Affiliate” means a corporation that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, a CWC.
- “CaseWare Cloud Services” means those Cloud Services offered by CWC to subscribers.
- “Cloud Infrastructure” means those computing devices, including servers, networking equipment, data storage devices, and associated software used in the provision of the Cloud Services.
- “Cloud Services” means computing resources provided by way of the Internet and may include the provision of storage, software, platform, computing services or other resources.
- “Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual, and may include information such as a person’s name, email address, residential address, telephone number, bank account details, and in some cases, more sensitive information such as but not limited to gender, demographic information, family status, investment particulars, consumption preferences, business expenditures, credit score, accounting data, social security or social insurance numbers, bank account information, passports, drivers licenses and payment card information.”
- “Subscriber Data” means any content, information, and data input by you using the Cloud Services licensed hereunder, and data derived therefrom.
1.5 CWC has the following Affiliates:
CaseWare Europe Limited
CaseWare International Inc.
CaseWare LatinoAmerica, S.R.L.
CaseWare Asia Ptd. Ltd.
CaseWare IDEA Inc.
CaseWare IDEA B.V.
CaseWare Software Holding Limited
CaseWare UK Limited
CaseWare RCM Inc.
CaseWare Beijing Limited
CaseWare Hong Kong Limited
CaseWare Greater China Pte Ltd.
2.0 Questions or Complaints?
CaseWare Cloud Ltd.
1 Toronto St, Suite 1400
Toronto ON M5C 2V6
Telephone: (416) 867-9504
Fax: (416) 867-1906
Security & Compliance Manager
5.3 You can opt out of any e-mail communication sent by CWC or its Affiliates. CWC’s e-mails will contain clear and obvious instructions describing how you can be removed from any mailing list. CWC will remove you at your request within a reasonable amount of time.
6.0 Identifying Purposes
CWC collects, uses and discloses Personal Information only for the purposes of providing you with CaseWare Cloud Services, and in improving Cloud Services or Cloud Infrastructure and for such other ancillary purposes consented to by you as a user of the CaseWare Cloud Services, or as required by law.
7.0 Limiting Collection
7.1 Use of CaseWare Cloud Services may require you to provide Subscriber Data. That Subscriber Data may include Personal Information.
7.2 CaseWare may collect Personal Information directly from you when you:
- register to use the CaseWare Cloud Services;
- use the CaseWare Cloud Services;
- provide Subscriber Data;
- contact CWC for support; and
- visit CWC’s website.
7.3 You can always choose not to provide Personal Information to CWC, but it may mean that CWC is unable to provide you with CaseWare Cloud Services.
8.0 Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information
8.1 CWC collects, uses and discloses information (which may include Personal Information) for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity.
- To provide you with the CaseWare Cloud Services. CWC may collect contact, billing or credit information including phone numbers, email addresses and physical addresses, or information related to your clients for billing purposes. CaseWare Cloud Services may, for example, require data related to you or your clients in order to the provide CaseWare Cloud Services, or to promote or offer you products, services and offers (including new and other Services which are offered by CWC and its Affiliates) that may be relevant to you.
- To contact you for the purposes of product information, service updates, billing notifications, or notifications relating to the CaseWare Cloud Services. In particular, CWC requires you to give us necessary contact information such as name and email address. We also ask for unique identifiers (log-in password names). CWC uses such contact information to send information about CWC’s or its Affiliates’ products and services.
- To assist you with technical support issues.
- To comply with any laws, regulations, court orders, subpoenas or other legal process or investigation and to protect CWC, its Affiliates and other individuals from harm.
- To improve and enhance CWC Service offerings. CWC may use Personal Information provided by its users in an anonymous, and/or aggregated fashion to improve or enhance its Cloud Services and other service offerings
9.2 You are responsible for ensuring that the information you have provided is truthful, accurate, reliable and complete, and does not infringe the rights of others.
9.3 CWC will retain Subscriber Data provided by you as long as you (or your organization) remain(s) a subscriber of the CaseWare Cloud Services in good standing, in accordance with the CaseWare Cloud Services Agreement. CWC will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with CWC’s legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements with CWC.
10.0 Where Your Personal Information is Stored
10.1 CWC uses third party data hosting providers (Amazon Web Services) to host its Cloud Services and Subscriber Data on servers located in throughout the world.
10.2 Upon subscribing to the CaseWare Cloud Services, CWC shall inform you of the jurisdiction in which the server that has be allocated to host your Subscriber Data and Personal Information is located. At present, CWC uses servers in the United States, Australia, Canada, and Europe. You may consent to such allocation, or refuse a server so allocated. If you refuse allocation of a server, CWC may not be able to provide you with CaseWare Cloud Services.
10.3 For subscribers to the CaseWare Cloud Services in the United States, CWC will attempt to allocate a server in the United States. For subscribers to the CaseWare Cloud Services in Europe, CWC will attempt to allocate a server in Europe. For subscribers of CaseWare Services in Canada, CWC will attempt to allocate to a server in Canada. For subscribers to the CaseWare Cloud Services in Australia, CWC will attempt to allocate a server in Australia.
10.4 By entering personal information into the CaseWare Cloud Services, you consent to that Personal Information being hosted on servers where allocated. Each data hosting provider’s role is limited to providing a hosting and storage service to CWC, and CWC has taken reasonable measure to ensure that our data hosting providers will not access the data, and will use the necessary level of protection for, Personal Information. They do not control, and are not permitted to access or use your personal information, except for the limited purpose of storing the information.
10.5 If You do not want Your Personal Information to be transferred to a server as described above, You should not provide CWC with Personal Information or use the CaseWare Cloud Service.
11.1 CWC is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information and we take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. Your Personal Information is stored on secure servers that are encrypted, and all data transferred between you and the CaseWare Cloud Services is encrypted.
11.2 However, the Internet is not in itself a secure environment and CWC cannot give an absolute assurance that your Personal Information will be secure at all times. Transmission of Personal Information over the Internet is at your own risk and you should only enter, or instruct the entering of, Personal Information to the CaseWare Cloud Services within a secure environment.
11.3 CWC will advise you at the first reasonable opportunity upon discovering or being advised of an incident where your Personal Information is lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified or disposed of by unauthorized persons or in an unauthorized manner.
12.0 Individual Access
CWC makes no claim to your Subscriber Data. Upon request, CWC will provide you with a list of the third-party service providers used to host your Subscriber Data, and the countries in which our servers are located.
14.0 Challenging Compliance
Security & Compliance Manager