Log in to MyCaseWare to view and download your files.
Data Store Administration Tool
- Shortened the timeout length for connecting to a data store when launching Working Papers. Working Papers will now launch promptly if the data store is unreachable.
Imports and Tax Integration
- Working Papers supports imports from the latest versions of the following software:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016
- Sage 50 Accounts 2018
- Sage 50 Accounting (Peachtree-WIN) 2018
- Sage 50 Accounting CDN Edition (Simply) 2018
- Sage BusinessVision 2018
- QuickBooks (Canada) 2018
- QuickBooks (USA) 2018
In addition, all imports requiring Pervasive PSQL now support Pervasive PSQL v12.
- Working Papers now exports to the latest versions of the following tax package:
- ProFile 2017
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from drilling down on Connector links.
- Added the Document number format option to allow for customized page numbering when printing documents.
- Fixed an issue where sync-enabled files with names containing special characters would encounter erroneous synchronization conflicts.
- Fixed the delay when loading large automatic documents with tax code groupings.
- Fixed an issue where saving a document to Excel could cause Working Papers to stop responding if Office is incorrectly configured on the computer.
- Working Papers now supports smart card authentication. Organizations utilizing smart card technology can now use it as an alternative to a username and password.
- Fixed an issue where clearing the sync info on a Cloud file would not fully clear the file’s association with Cloud.
Data Store Administration Tool
- Added a setting in Data Store to enable smart card authentication in Properties | Active Directory. Note that Data Store version 2017.00.225 or higher is required.
- Fixed an issue where synchronizing Data Store with Active Directory could cause the program to stop responding.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to create a username that is already in use would display an incorrect error message.
- The Filter Manager now includes a Ready to Review option. Enabling this option sets the filter to display only documents ready to review.
Year End Close
- A new Auto-Publish feature is available for existing Cloud integrated files when performing a year-end close (YEC). Running the YEC function from either Working Papers or Cloud will now automatically publish the new engagement in the same entity as the previous year’s file, simplifying the transition to a new year.
- Performing a year-end close will now remove the due date from any documents tagged as deliverables.
Imports and Tax Integration
- The Portuguese XML import has been updated to adhere to current standards. When importing a file, content will populate based on the standard required by the version of the file.
- Added support for 1C:Enterprise version 8.3.
- Fixed an issue that caused some users to receive an access failure message when importing an Excel file to Working Papers.
- Fixed an issue where Working Papers would freeze if it was unable to successfully import a Sage file.
- Fixed an issue with Sage authentication where an incorrect username or password could cause Working Papers to stop responding.
- Fixed an issue where some imports would display the incorrect error message when an error occurred.
- Fixed an issue where installing Working Papers 2017 (French) over an existing 2016 version would not completely remove 2016 components.
- Fixed an issue where dragging a tab (e.g. the Trial Balance tab) off of the Working Papers window would cause Working Papers to stop responding.
- Fixed a performance issue when creating a new issue on a document with file protection enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the Search filter would not display results if the search was based on an entity number in the Assign Entity dialog.
- Fixed an issue in the Assign Mapping Numbers dialog where the use of spaces, wildcards, or special characters in a search would return varied results. Overall performance has also been improved.
- Fixed an issue where the real-time search function in the Assign Mapping Numbers dialog would not recognize Chinese characters.
- Added a repair prompt on program launch to correct registration issues that may be present after an operating system update. See Registry repair for upgraded operating systems for more details.
- Fixed an issue where installing the Windows 10 Creators Update caused Working Papers to appear unregistered.
- Expanded the Exclusive Lock function for Word and Excel documents. When enabled, modifications to the opened document are exclusive to the user. This can be used to prevent changes to the document from other SmartSync copies for the duration of the lock. Other users may modify the document once the locked session is closed.
- SmartSync Server and CaseWare Cloud environments now support client files greater than 4GB.
- SmartSync child copies now automatically check for, and transmit any missed synchronization events before they can be deleted. This will help prevent data-loss when clearing out child copies. Depending on the file size, the delete may take longer to execute than in previous versions.
- Fixed an issue with locked documents in sync copies.
- Fixed a number of issues where network problems could result in missing sync events that the software was unable to repair automatically.
- Fixed an issue where Working Papers would stop responding if a sync copy could not successfully connect to Cloud.
- To better serve our SmartSync Server users, the following back end changes were made to help diagnose and resolve issues in client files:
- Improved error checking processes when flushing a File Service Server.
- The File Service log now provides more comprehensive detail on file request processing.
- Fixed an issue where creating a new sync copy from a SmartSync Server file containing out-of-order sync events could result in missing data.
- Fixed an issue that could cause SmartSync Server to stop responding when multiple users attempt to open files simultaneously.
Template Development Including CaseView
- Fixed an issue where blank note number references would display due to hidden or skipped paragraphs in sub-documents.
- Fixed an issue where the Change Password dialog would not display when launched from a CaseView cell.
- Added a label that displays when editing headers and footers in CaseView. Custom header and footer names are included in the label to help you keep track of your content.
- Resolved various issues with CaseView documents when Multiple Document Windows mode is enabled:
- Fixed an issue preventing documents from being closed through the interface.
- Fixed an issue where CaseView background processes would not terminate after the document was closed, preventing functions in Working Papers that require exclusive access (e.g. Repair File, Consolidation).
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from maximizing a minimized CaseView window while the Multiple Document Windows setting was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to print a locked down file while Multiple Document Windows mode is enabled would cause CaseView to stop responding.
- Fixed an issue where copying and pasting text between cells would display incorrectly if the user’s input language was different from the default system language.
- Restored missing pagination options on the ribbon for versions of CaseView that have Background Pagination disabled.
Knowledge Library Index (KLI)
- Significant improvements have been made to KLI Preview Chooser.
- When comparing sections, your selection and the current section in the document will display side-by-side. Differences between the two are highlighted for your convenience. Selecting the Compare icon will display the comparison in a separate window to improve visibility.
- A customizable icon field is now available. Add custom icons and statuses to help track the status of various sections.
- Fixed an issue where special characters were not recognized in filenames when performing a conversion backup then attempting to restore the backup in an earlier version of Working Papers.
Trial Balance, Write-up, and Accounting
- Fixed an issue where adding tickmarks to unassigned accounts or groups would not function properly.
Updated the following tax packages to support the 2017 tax year:
- ProSystem fx® Tax
- GoSystem Tax® RS
- UltraTax® CS
- Lacerte® Tax
Note: This update can be applied to Working Papers 2016 and 2017.
- In jurisdictions where Bates Numbering is required, you can now attach this numbering schema when exporting a document to PDF or performing a Batch PDF export. The Bates Numbering is available in the PDF Advanced Options dialog. You can specify where numbering starts and ends, the number type and the position.
- If PDFs are set to open using an external viewer, any password-protected PDFs are excluded when you export multiple PDF files. Users were not aware that these documents were being excluded from exports, so now a prompt will display after the export listing the documents that were not included.
- Fixed an issue where the Save to PDF command was not working properly for .png and .jpg files.
- Microsoft Windows updates will no longer cause users to receive the “Error 30: printer not activated” message when attempting to save or print documents to PDF.
- Renaming column headings is now supported for automatic documents. This can be done using the Rename Columns command from the context menu or the View tab in the Ribbon. This is a document-specific setting.
- Fixed an issue where a consolidated drill down would sometimes fail to display all entity information in the drill down report.
- Fixed an issue where annotations could not be added to total or subtotal lines for tax groupings in automatic documents.
- Fixed an issue where column display settings for Custom Journals could cause the Debit, Credit and Total columns to be displayed at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where drilling down into reports with a consolidated view would display incorrect consolidated balances.
- A new deliverable property has been added to documents to help identify documents as client deliverables and track when they are due.Adding this document property also enables you to filter them in the Document Manager. This way you can easily view all client deliverables and their due dates. See Creating a filter for more information.
- Documents converted to placeholders are now placed in the Windows Recycle Bin so that they can be added back into the client file if still needed.
- You now have the choice to have role sign-offs display as document icons in the Name column of the Document Manager or as a separate column. You can access this option from the Tools tab by selecting Options | Roles.
- Fixed an issue where Outlook email files larger than 1MB from Outlook could not be added to the Document Manager in the 64-bit version of Working Papers.
- The Copy Components Wizard now properly copies commentary text from the Trial Balance automatic document.
- To make it easier to assign map/group numbers to large trial balances, the Assign Mapping Numbers and Assign Grouping Numbers dialog now includes a search filter that pre-populates a list of results based on what is entered. The search supports the use of wildcard characters (*, ?) for any sequence of characters.
- Fixed an issue that displayed incorrect M3 code options when adding a new tax code on a mixed consolidation entity file.
- Fixed an issue where Working Papers would sometimes become unresponsive when adding a new Performance Measures account.
- To aid in the review process, a new Document ready for review when option can be assigned to roles to signal when a document is ready for review.
- Including subfolders when compressing files using CaseWare Tracker is now possible. A new option, Include Sub Folders, is now added to the prompt before compressing the files from the selected view.
- Improved the security of compressed client files.
- Scrolling in the Adjusting Entries screen is now possible in a locked down file in order to view all line entries.
- Improved performance when reading and writing metadata.
- In prior versions, you needed to navigate to Tools | Options | General to clear the recent files list. There was no option to remove files (excluding sync copies) on a one by one basis. We've added two new options to the right-click context menu to help users organize their Recent Files list:
- Remove from list - Use this option to remove the selected file from the recent file list. If the file is a sync file, this option is disabled.
- Clear unpinned files - Select this option to clear all unpinned files from the registry.
- We now support databases (.dbf/.cdx) up to 4GB. This will enable you to service clients with extremely large trial balances that were previously not supported in Working Papers.
- For efficiency, at the time of import, you can round the trial balance and establish the plug accounts for the differences.
- Adjusting entries posted to map/group accounts will now apply the foreign exchange rate associated to the first account assigned in the map/group, ensuring the adjustments reflect the proper translated balance. You can apply this feature to older files by reposting all entries from the Repair File dialog.
- For regions where you are producing reports and financial statements in multiple currencies, you can now modify the default formatting for currency display elements, including the currency symbol, position, decimal symbol, and digit grouping symbol. You can choose to continue using the default regional setting or you can specify a custom setting. You can access these options from the Tools tab by selecting Options | Currency. This eliminates the need to change your regional settings on your computer.
- Fixed an issue where documents would not open if they were double clicked while the user's cursor was under some column headers.
- For regions where you are producing reports and financial statements in multiple currencies, the currency/unit options to support the ability to use either the Windows OS currency regional settings or the settings in the engagement file are now available for all cells, individual cells, and graph data points. This is related to the new option in Working Papers and eliminates the need to change your computer’s regional settings.
- We’ve expanded the list of CaseView Menu options available in the Actions of the Events dialog so that template authors can incorporate these actions when building new Ribbons.
- You can now edit the content of an input cell in Form Mode and Form Mode with Enable Editing by double-clicking on it. This change reflects the functionality of other spreadsheet applications.If the cell already has a double-click event, you can CTRL-click to edit the cell instead. In Design Mode, double-clicking a cell opens the Edit Cell dialog.
- To reduce confusion and "noise", the option to Skip Content Changes has been added for the actions Update a Knowledge Library Link and Update All Knowledge Library Links. When template authors enable this option, comparisons with updated Knowledge Library content will not flag changes made to input text or note numbers.
- Fixed an issue where users could receive an error message when inserting a formula into a cell with the linkage dialog.
- Fixed an issue where some cell overrides could not be removed for cells with external data references.
- Fixed an issue where the undo command could only revert the most recent change on an external data cell. Undo can now undo multiple changes to an external data cell.
- Tables in CaseView are now treated as a single unit for sorting purposes. When included as part of a section with sorting enabled, any tables fully contained by the section will move around paragraphs and other tables as a single unit.
- Template authors can now take advantage of the Use Map/Group Sign Field in Linkage option in the CaseView Document Settings dialog. This will eliminate the need to add the SIGN modifier to all formulas. When end users post adjustments to map/group numbers, the sign will be based on the map/group number regardless of whether trial balance accounts have been assigned.
- Added a new BALDESC function to the list of linkage functions in the Calculation Editor dialog. This function returns details (full description, abbreviation, or past/future setting) from a custom balance.
- Fixed an issue where opening the calculation editor in a browse with a very large formula would cause CaseView to become unresponsive.
- Exported Excel and html reports now show annotations to tax groupings.
- Fixed an issue where exporting a document to an RTF file would fail to open if the document contained a cell that was split between two pages.
- Fixed an issue where users could not print a CaseView document to PDF if the document contained other PDFs that had images with transparencies.
- The Multiple Document Windows mode is now enabled by default. This will allow users to launch multiple CaseView documents in unique windows. If necessary, you can disable this in Tools | Options | Interface.
- Fixed an issue where CaseView could become unresponsive in Form mode when using Visual Merge and a theme other than Scenic.
- Fixed an issue with Multiple Document Windows mode where a CaseView document would not reappear automatically after users closed a print preview.
- Fixed an issue where page numbers on subdocuments with a table of contents would sometimes be incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where clicking a button cell to launch the Engagement Cleanup Wizard would produce an error message.
- Fixed an issue where closing a document that has a PDF file inserted into it would occasionally cause CaseView to become unresponsive.
- Added a new Options command to the XBRL menu in the Tools tab of the Ribbon. You can configure XBRL options in the XBRL Options dialog. These options include:
- a new set of options that previously required modifying the CV.VER file.
- the ability to include an XML declaration for exported XBRL and Inline XBRL documents.
- the ability to customize XBRL diagnostic messages.
- You can now delete annotations simply by right-clicking on the annotation and selecting Delete this annotation from the context menu.
- The Add/Remove Note Numbers dialog in Form Mode and Form Mode with Enable Editing has been modified to handle notes from sub documents. Items are now displayed in tree format with checkboxes for easy enabling and disabling of individual note numbers.
- Long graph titles and captions now automatically wrap as opposed to being cut off at either end.
- When rounding two values that are the same, where one has the Flip sign of value property enabled, use the Handle Flipped Cell Values to ensure CaseView doesn’t record a rounding error for the two values.
- Fixed an issue that caused files to be duplicated in the file list when packaging a template.
- Opening and closing files with large amounts of metadata is now significantly faster.
- SmartSync copies will no longer be deleted when documents are still open. A warning will now be displayed when a user attempts to delete a sync copy with open documents.
- Fixed an issue where inserting a copy of a Sync On Demand document could cause sync conflicts in published Working Papers files.
- Fixed an issue where Working Papers would sometimes become unresponsive when checking in an automatic document.
- The SmartSync Server tab of the Open dialog will now properly show all the files to which a user is assigned. In prior versions, new users to a firm could not see any files on the SmartSync server tab unless a child copy was opened.
- When opening files from the SmartSync Server tab, you can now create more meaningful labels for existing SmartSync Servers in the Manage SmartSync Servers dialog by double-clicking on the labels.
- The file extension for temporary backup files has changed. These backup files are created during File Service operations on compressed files for SmartSync Servers and Cloud. The former file extension was .ac_, and the new file extension is .acx. IT administrators may need to add the .acx extension to your antivirus exclusion lists.
- Fixed an issue where creating a sync copy in SmartSync Server with outstanding documents on a Virtual Machine causes Working Papers to crash.
- Fixed an issue where SmartSync Server installer could unexpectedly remove certain custom permissions when upgrading.
- Improved error handling when syncing data between SmartSync Server and Working Papers.
- Fixed an issue where SmartSync Server could time out when indexing a large number of files.
- Fixed an issue that could cause excessive disk activity when using SmartSync Server.
- The SmartSync Server tab of the File Open dialog will now properly reflect changes made in the Datastore.
- SmartSync Server performance has been improved.
- Fixed an issue where checking out a commuter license on a terminal server in a Citrix environment would prevent all other terminal users from connecting to the license server.
- Navigating quickly between pages is now possible from the View tab when viewing a PDF document in the internal viewer.
- A new Browse computer quick access command can be added to the Quick Access Toolbar to open existing files with ease.
- Improved the icons in the Quick Access Toolbar, making it easier to identify different groups of commands.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some columns in the Open page on the File backstage to be unintentionally hidden.
- Fixed an issue where the Edit Issue dialog could assign issues to the wrong documents when using the navigation toolbar.
- Fixed display issues for devices with high resolution screens.
- Removed the Formatting option from the Group Properties dialog and the New Group Number dialog.
- Import support has been added for Business Vision Version 2017.
- Fixed an issue where importing a trial balance a second time would double the balances. This would only occur with the following settings:
- Accumulate Balances and Clear Balances of Period(s) Being Imported selected in the Excel File Import Wizard
- Allow entry of period balances in Working Trial Balance (Other Entries will be disabled) selected in the Engagement Properties
- Trial balance imports for very large data sets are now faster.
- Fixed an issue where Working Papers would not retrieve subconto and client information correctly in some circumstances when importing 1C files.
- Fixed an issue where importing from Windward System Five would clear GIFI codes in the file.
- Fixed an issue that set an incorrect year-end-date when importing an MYOB AccountEdge file with 13 Period selected for the file period settings.
- Fixed an issue where importing from Xero would not properly import accounts with a balance at the end of the prior year and $nil at the end of the current year.
- The Excel File Import Wizard will no longer import hidden worksheets.
- Improved the performance of the ProSystem fx Tax Export.Added the following two new options in Tools | Advanced:
- Display only supported tax codes - Use this option to show valid tax codes applicable to the tax vendor only instead of showing all available tax codes.
- Allow any adjustments to tax export codes in the lockdown file - Use this option to allow tax adjustments in a lockdown file. In the past, there was no way to post Tax - Federal adjustments without selecting a temporary or permanent difference when it was merely a reclassification of tax codes.
Added the following three options in the Export | Export to Tax Software dialog:
- Exclude Net Income Amount - Use this option to exclude the Net Income from the export. This ensures the NETINC account, when imported, does not override the net income from the CCH tax file.
- Exclude Retained Earnings Amount - Use this option to exclude the Retained Earnings amount from the export. This ensures the Retained Earnings (L24) does not override the Retained Earnings in the CCH tax file.
- Include M3 Schedule - Use this option to export the M1 or M3 schedule separately.
- To eliminate the duplication of work, the "Operating Name" and "E.I.N./BN" fields of the Engagement Properties dialog now sync with their corresponding Cloud fields: "Operating Name" and "Business Number". Changes made in Engagement Properties will automatically update the related fields in the Cloud Entity and vice versa.
- Changed the position of the Calculation dialog when accessed from the Adjusting Entries window.
- Corrected Cyprus contact information that displays if registration fails in Working Papers.
- Fixed various help dialogs that were linked to incorrect topics or languages.
- Fixed an issue where some background processes would continue to run after closing Working Papers.
- SmartSync child copies now automatically check for, and transmit any missed synchronization events before they can be deleted. This will help prevent data-loss when deleting child copies. Depending on the file size, deletion may take longer to execute than in previous versions.
- SmartSync Server and CaseWare Cloud environments now support client files greater than 4GB.
- Fixed a number of issues where network problems could result in missing sync events that Working Papers was unable to repair automatically.
- Fixed an issue where the SmartSync flushing service was duplicating files with filenames starting in an underscore (_). File names that begin with an underscore may produce errors and are not suggested.
- Renamed the File Service backup file from _ilename.ac_ to filename.acx to resolve duplication of filenames. File names that begin with an underscore may produce errors.
- Changed the way SmartSync Server handles corrupted data. It should now function more efficiently.
Template Development Including CaseView
- Fixed an issue where text would display incorrectly if the computer format language did not match the default system locale.
Enhancements for Working Papers Working Papers 2016.00.181
- Fixed the following issues when exporting the Issues automatic document to Excel:
- Displays only the issue number in the Subject column rather than the issue number and the subject.
- Exports a blank value for cleared issues in the Cleared column.
- Fixed an issue where the CTRL + A keyboard shortcut was not working in the Other Entries screen.
- Import support is now available for Pastel Partner Version 17.
- Updated the following tax packages to support the 2016 tax year:
- ProSystem fx Tax
- UltraTax CS
- GoSystem Tax RS
- Lacerte Tax
- Fixed an issue where importing from the QuickBooks Export Utility for QuickBooks Online Plus would return an error and fail.
- Fixed an issue where a ProSystem fx CCH file with more than one single trial balance would not import into Working Papers.
- Fixed an issue where imported client information from Fortune 1000 Acomba was overwriting engagement properties even when the Import Client Information check box was cleared.
- Fixed the following issues when registering a Working Papers 2016 license over an existing 2015 version:
- A 90-day expiry message would appear when opening Working Papers.
- An eLicense status alert bubble would appear when checking the license in Tools | Licensing | Check License.
- Fixed an issue where there was a delay opening Working Papers with a commuter license when the license server was offline.
- Fixed an issue where local users with full access control to the network service could not publish files to SmartSync Server.
- Fixed an issue where creating a sync copy from a sync child on a network with the SmartSync Path set to a local drive was not permitted.
- Fixed an issue where importing groups from the Data Store Administrator Tool using an SQL Server would import only a single user group.
- Fixed an issue where opening a file with duplicate users in the client file that are removed and no longer assigned to a data store group would cause Working Papers to become unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue when using the Next button in the Issues Panel when connected to a Data Store would cause Working Papers to become unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue where “File is too long to fit in the destination path” would display when copying components that contain external documents.
- Fixed an issue where negative values would not appear in Chart graphs with New Look checked.
- Fixed an issue where CaseView would become unresponsive if a Knowledge Library Update operation was triggered by a cell event and that cell was included in a section that was updated.
- Fixed an issue with TWAINProxy32.exe, which would cause Working Papers to become unresponsive and a CaseWare Scanning Proxy error to display.
- Fixed an issue where resizing windows in Docking View may cause Working Papers to become unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue where opening client files containing external documents with a combined path length of the client file and external documents greater than 260 characters would cause Working Papers to become unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue where selecting a file with a long pathname from the Browse in the Year End Close dialog would not be validated and cause roll forward issues.
- Fixed an issue where the Adjusting Journal Entry screen will become unresponsive after changing the recurrence from none to recurring.
- Fixed an issue where external PDF highlights would display in the internal PDF viewer but would not print.
- Fixed an issue where Working Papers would become unresponsive when opening PDF in the internal viewer.
- Fixed an issue with rounding to use more decimals than the default when dealing with foreign exchange transactions.
- Temporary files created during a file copy operation now include the .blcpy extension so they can be more easily whitelisted.
- Fixed an issue where pasting text with CTRL+V in the URL bar in the Working Papers browser toolbar would not work.
- Fixed an issue where adding an existing issue to a line item function would not work after minimizing the Ribbon.
- Fixed an issue where the cursor would sometimes disappear when switching from CaseView and Working Papers on a touch screen monitor.
- Fixed an issue where the Modified column would cut off the AM/PM in the date and cannot be resized.
- Fixed an issue where Chrome Dev Tools would not close in Working Papers Internal Browser.
- Improved the performance of opening CaseView documents after updating from an old version.
- Fixed an issue with performance when opening a CaseView document directly from a client file that is stored on Windows Server 2008 server.
- The Commuter license check in/check out feature is now disabled for terminal servers.
- Fixed an issue where Working Papers would become unresponsive when renewing a code that is expired or about to expire.
- Fixed an issue where 2016 authorization codes with shorter expiry period were taking precedence over 2015 authorization codes with longer expiry period.
- Fixed an issue where the eLicense status message for standalone licenses will appear when checking licenses when using a network license.
- Fixed an issue where documents cannot be sorted in a checked out file if there is a subfolder within the folder.
- It is now possible to assign multiple groups and users to documents using the Assign Users to Document dialog.
- The Data Store Admin Tool Active Directory import feature now supports the importing of Active Directory groups. These groups can be assigned to shared store global or local groups. See Active Directory Import and Importing users and groups from Active Directory for more information.
- The Active Directory Integration dialog in the Shared Store Admin Tool can now be resized.
- Fixed an issue where the Help would not launch in the Active Directory Integration dialog of the Data Store Administrator Tool.
- A progress bar will now appear when generating a system information report from Help | Collect System Information.
- Information about multiple Microsoft Office versions, mouse and keyboard are now available when generating a system information report from Help | Collect System Information.
- Fixed an issue with the language drop down menu in Advanced Options of the XBRL Tagging dialog to be now sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed an issue where negative numbers with groupings and text for small-size groupings on a New Look pie graph displays incorrectly on the legend.
- Fixed an issue where adjusting the split vertical line inside a header after enabling the Synchronize Split of Freeze option would case CaseView to become unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue where opening a dialog from a cell event would cause CaseView to become unresponsive.
- Opening the Adjusting Journal Entry dialog from a cell event would cause the New button to be disabled.
- Fixed an issue with calendar cells to no longer cause CaseView to become unresponsive when trying to open a message box.
- Multiple selection capability for manual popup cell is now supported.
- A new Show checkboxes option has been added in the Edit Cell | Popup properties dialog to trigger a popup window to display with multiple checkboxes that can be selected.
- When the engagement file is locked down, CaseView now ensures that any changes to the document made by the user will not be printed.
- Fixed an issue where the document loading dialog that appears in Multiple Document Windows mode would show the full file path name rather than the document ID and name.
- Fixed an issue where opening CaseView documents from a cell event in Multiple Document Windows mode would not open.
- Fixed an issue where deleting content from a protected template would cause CaseView to become unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue where creating a client file based on a template would become unresponsive if a CaseView document is still open.
- Fixed an issue where there was a spike in CaseView memory usage after performing a Year End Close.
- Fixed an issue where a file decompression error will appear when patching to the already installed template folder.
- Fixed an issue where annotations would not wrap on screen if annotation printing was disabled in the print dialog.
- Importing from Sage 50 - US Edition 2017 is now supported.
- Importing from MYOB Account Right Live Integrated is now supported.
- Importing from Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains version 2015 is now supported.
- Fixed an issue where importing from CCH with long path name would cause Working Papers to become unresponsive.
- Fixed an issue where calculated net income was incorrect after importing YTD balances from Excel or ASCII text file.
- Fixed an issue where selecting Advanced Conversion from the ProSystem fx Engagement Import Wizard would cause the Import Options dialog to appear in the background instead of the foreground.
- Updated tax codes for UltraTax 2015.
- Updated the following tax packages to support the 2016 tax year:
- ProSystem fx Tax
- UltraTax CS
- GoSystem Tax RS
- Lacerte Tax
- There were no changes to tax codes for 2016.
- This update can be applied to Working Papers versions 2015 and 2016.
- The Save as Excel file... option is now the same for single and multiple documents and includes the option to Add to client file and Document Manager. For more information, see Saving a Document as an Excel File.
- Fixed an issue where removing a document from the PDF Export selection by dragging it to the left window would cause Working Papers to crash.
- You can now create hyperlinks that jump to specific pages of a PDF. These hyperlinks only work when viewing PDFs from the Working Papers internal image viewer. For more information, see Hyperlink Reference Dialog.
- Fixed an issue where copying a highlight annotation from an image document into a non-image document would work.
- Users can now filter issues in automatic documents by Status and Cleared state. For more information, see Issues Tab - Document Properties.
- Search suggestion is available when assigning new issues to specific users. Start typing the user’s name in the Assigned to field to see a list of suggestions; you can select users from the list by clicking their name.
- Reorder Columns is now enabled for Account Analysis automatic documents.
- You can now sum highlighted lines in General Ledger automatic documents.
- Fixed an issue where the entity name would display instead of the tax export code when collapsing a group in an automatic document with multiple entities.
- You can include the document number in the title when launching Word and Excel documents. This option is now available on the General tab of the Options dialog. For more information, see General Options.
- You can now renumber and sort documents on the Document Manager using the right-click menu options Renumber Documents and Sort Documents respectively. Note: This feature is currently not available for SmartSync users.
- Fixed an issue where dragging and dropping a file shortcut to the Document Manager would create a copy of the file instead of a shortcut.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling down through the Document Manager could lock the scroll bar and prevent further scrolling.
- Network license users now have a three-day Grace license when the network server is unavailable. To view the status of the Grace license, click Tools | Licensing | License Information. For more information, see the Grace Licensing section in Electronic Licensing and eDelivery User Guide.
- For license registration, the option to send identifying information is now enabled by default. You can disable this option if you choose not to send identifying information.
- The Commuter License Check Out Wizard now enables you to submit the Locking Code directly from the wizard using web mail. For more information, see the Network Licensing section in Electronic Licensing and eDelivery User Guide.
- Handling of long file path names has been improved when performing a Year End Close, however, the program is still bound by a 259 character limit for file path names in Windows.
- You can now add adjusting entries from the Working Trial Balance and certain automatic documents using the right-click menu option Create Adjustment.
- Improved sorting in the Assign Grouping dialog. Groupings can now be sorted by ascending, descending, and internal line number by clicking on the Number column heading.
- Fixed an issue where opening the Calculation dialog would sometimes cause Working Papers to crash.
- An option to clear the list of recent folders (on the File | Open | Computer screen) is available on the General tab of the Options dialog. For more information, see General Options.
- The font selection drop-down now displays the font names in their respective font styles.
- Fixed an issue where using the ALT+M shortcut to renumber would not work on the Adjusting Entries screen.
- Fixed an issue where renaming a file to include a space as the last character would produce an error upon opening.
- Added Department and Company fields to the Active Directory Integration dialog of the Data Store Administration Tool.
- Fixed an issue where permission checks would be performed before synchronizing changes, such as adding a new user or group. This issue would result in an error when creating a new file or running copy components based on an existing file or template after a change in permissions.
- Fixed an issue where creating a new file and importing data from an existing file that includes accounting data could create duplicate GUIDs.
- Fixed an issue where opening a compressed file from a checked-out copy would cause Working Papers to crash.
- Fixed an issue where performing a check out would cause Working Papers to crash when working over a network in Windows 7.
- Fixed an issue where a file would not open after Copy Components completed.
- Fixed an issue where exporting CaseView documents to RTF would cause formatting problems in multi-page tables. These formatting problems displayed as missing pages when viewed using Microsoft Office 2016 or misplaced Carry Forward rows when viewed using earlier versions.
- Fixed an issue where saving a CaseView document as PDF/A would take several minutes when the document contains certain embedded PDF/A documents.
- Fixed an issue where exporting as an Inline XBRL file would cause an error if the file contains an empty table.
- You can now launch CaseView commands from a cell. The new events can be accessed by selecting CaseView Menu in the Action drop-down of the cell Events properties. For more information, see CaseView Menu.
- Fixed an issue where using the ALT key to select multiple cells in a table would cause CaseView to crash.
- Fixed an issue where cells in a table would not renumber when adding or deleting rows.
- Pie graphs now support a new look. Enhancements include:
- Support for doughnut and torus pie graphs.
- Ability to auto populate a new set of colors based on the selected color theme.
- New None gradient style to remove gradient from a pie chart.
- New Label Position option, which allows placement of labels directly in a pie chart.
- Additional option for Legend positioning, including the ability to include the legend within the graph.
- New Enclose Graph with Border option, which encloses graphs with a border.
- New Pie Angle option, which allows users to set the angle at which the pie should display.
- Comma separator in numeric values will now display in pie graphs.
For more information, see Chart Options Tab - Graph Properties Dialog.
- Formatting in an exported RTF document is now similar to exports in PDF. Improvements have been made to bullet indentation, text alignment, and merged cell positions in page-wide tables.
- Introduced caching for values in Excel, enabling faster recalculation of CaseView documents with many CVEXCEL calculations.
- New value attributes for adjustments are now available: PAJ for prior year adjustments and YAJ for year end close adjustments. For more information, see the Prior Year Adjustments section in Values.
- The new ISADMIN(“UserName”) function returns true if the user is an admin. For more information, see ISADMIN Function.
- Fixed an issue where a cyclic calculation would cause CaseView to crash when the Link Cell dialog is displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the CVEXCEL function could cause CaseView to crash when retrieving a value longer than 255 characters.
- The Options dialog of the Quick Access Toolbar now includes an All Commands option on the Choose commands from drop-down.
- Fixed the Quick Access Toolbar to retain any customizations after upgrading to Working Papers 2016.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling a database popup cell would cause CaseView to crash when using the Scenic theme.
- The option to Backup existing template has been added to the Templates Installer wizard and enables users to back up existing templates before installing a template update. For more information, see Installing Packaged Templates.
- Packager now saves the last output file location, which can be used when repackaging.
- Fixed an issue where updating the Audit US template would cause CaseView to crash.
- The option to Allow creation of multiple synchronized copies enables you to control duplication of sync copies per machine. This option is available on the General tab of the Options dialog and is unchecked by default. For more information, see General Options.
- An option to automatically delete sync copies when closing the file is now available. The option, Auto-delete local copies, is located on the General tab of the Options dialog and can be set to delete, not delete, or prompt to delete the sync copy when the file is closed. For more information, see General Options.
- Sync copies can now automatically connect to parent files that have been moved inside a SmartSync server environment. If the parent file is moved outside of registered SmartSync servers, then you must manually set the new path of the parent file in your sync copies.
- Fixed an issue where re-organizing entities in consolidated files could cause sync issues if the entities had more than 5000 accounts in them. Accounts would appear as unassigned for other sync copies instead of being listed under their proper entity.
- Fixed an issue where saving as a CaseView document from the Show Versions dialog would sometimes create a duplicate GUID.
- The File | Open | SmartSync Server screen now automatically saves any user-made adjustments to column sizes.
- Fixed an issue where creating a sync copy in SmartSync Server with outstanding documents on a Virtual Machine causes Working Papers to crash.
- Manage SmartSync Servers is a new dialog that enables you to organize servers into groups and select favorites for convenient access to important files. You can access this dialog from the File | Open | SmartSync Server screen. For more information, see Working Papers Welcome Interface.
- Fixed an issue where some help links using F1 were opening to 404 pages.
- The Engagement CS import now has the option Include Files, so that you can import Word, Excel, and PDF documents from the engagement.
- The Simply Accounting Windows import now enables you to select yearly reporting and a different period.
- The QuickBooks import now includes the 2015/2016 US and 2016 Canada/UK/US versions.
- In an Excel File Import, the Positive imports as credit checkbox can now be applied either globally or to select columns.
- The Sage Line 50 import now includes details and references as annotations. This improvement removes the character limit on included details for Sage Line 50 v2008 and up.
- Fixed an issue where .XAF and .XML imports would limit the description to 350 characters. The description limit is now 999 characters.
- Fixed an issue where importing ASCII text files would delete existing journal entries.
- Fixed an issue where irregular period dates would not match after an AccountView import.
- Fixed an issue where lines selected to be excluded from an Excel file import would not be retained after proceeding and then returning to the selection page.
- Fixed an issue where an Excel file import would accept multiple columns with the same label.
- A View group under the Cloud tab of the ribbon enables users to open the Engagement and Entity property windows, and the Files app on Cloud. For more information, see Cloud Tab.
- Fixed an issue where a new file based on a file or template that was Cloud integrated would also be Cloud integrated.
- Groups can now be included in the Data Store export to Cloud via the CaseWare Cloud Export dialog. The exported .TXT file which can be imported into CaseWare Cloud and will contain all active directory user information (email address, first name, and last time) and selected group information (group name, rights, and users assigned to the group). For more information, see Exporting Users from the Data Store to CaseWare Cloud.
Get in touch with your local distributor