Windows 10 Fall Creators Update causes performance issues with CaseView
Dec 15th, 2017
Installing the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update affects a third-party component in CaseView which may result in performance issues when opening CaseView documents.
You’ll need to download the third-party vendor's fix from MyCaseWare, then add the fix to your program directory. This fix is only for 2016 and 2017 versions, and will be included in future releases of Working Papers.
To download the third-party fix:
- Log in to MyCaseWare. Click Support | Working Papers or Support Downloads | Working Papers from the dashboard.
- Download the zip file for your version of Working Papers, Hotfix_WP2016 or Hotfix_WP2017.
- Right-click the zip file and click Properties. On the General tab, under Security, click Unblock | OK.
- Extract the zip file.
You have downloaded the third-party fix. You can now add the fix to your program directory.
To add the fix to your program directory:
- Close Working Papers and CaseView.
- Copy the extracted file from the previous steps into the Working Papers program directory. The default program directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\CaseWare.Note: You’ll require administrative rights to perform this step.
- In the Replace or Skip Files prompt, select Replace the file in the destination.
You have added the fix to your program directory. CaseView no longer experiences performance issues after installing the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
Organizations that install the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update should distribute this fix to their users to prevent any work flow disruptions.