Windows 10 Fall Creators Update causes issue with CaseView
Dec 15th, 2017
Affected version: All supported versions
Installing the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update results in performance issues with CaseView. The update affects a third-party component in CaseView and may cause noticeable delays when opening CaseView documents.
Download the third-party vendor's fix from MyCaseWare. Note that this fix will be included in future releases of CaseWare Working Papers. Firms planning to install the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update should distribute the fix to their users to prevent the issue.
- Log in to MyCaseWare. Click Support Downloads | Working Papers.
- Download the zip file, Hotfix_WP2017 or Hotfix_WP2016, for your version of Working Papers.
- Right click on the zip file and click Properties. On the General tab, check Unblock and then click OK.
- Extract the zip file to a folder.
- Ensure Working Papers and CaseView are closed.
- Copy the extracted file to the program directory. The default is C:\Program Files (x86)\CaseWare.
Note: You require administrative rights to perform this step.
- At the replace or skip prompt, select Replace.