Persistent script error and missing content after updating template-based engagement file
Apr 22nd, 2021
After updating a template-based engagement file, a script error persistently displays whenever the file is opened. Additionally, content in the file, such as the freeze pane and tables, no longer display correctly.
The issue is caused by the following Windows updates:
|Windows 10 Version||Update|
Install the applicable update or cumulative update for your version of Windows 10, then perform the template update again.
Note: This solution conflicts with the workaround for related KB: Exported or printed CaseView graphs and cell-based images appear blank or blacked out. If you require a solution to both issues, complete the workaround in the related KB. Note that the workaround in the related KB is not recommended and should only be completed at your own risk.
To determine your Windows 10 version:
- Open the Windows Start menu and click Settings.
- Click System | About.
- Under Windows Specifications, check the Version.
To install the update:
- Visit the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- In the search bar, search for the update or cumulative update based on your Windows 10 version. Note that there have been reports of other issues caused by the cumulative update. Install at your own discretion.
Windows 10 Version Update Cumulative update 20H2 KB5001649 KB5001330 2004 KB5001649 KB5001330 1909 KB5001648 KB5001337 1809 KB5001638 KB5001342 1803 KB5001634 KB5001339 1607 KB5001633 KB5001347 1507 KB5001631 KB5001340
- In the Product column, locate the applicable update. If you’re unsure of the update to select, consult your IT professional.
- Download and install the update.
Perform the template update again to resolve the issue.