How do I import from QuickBooks or QuickBooks Online?
Mar 02nd, 2018
Affected version: All supported versions
How do I import from QuickBooks or QuickBooks Online? In Working Papers, I don’t see either option available in the interface.
To import from QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online, use the QuickBooks Export Utility. The utility exports data from QuickBooks into a format Working Papers supports.
To download the QuickBooks Export Utility:
- Sign in to your account on MyCaseWare.
- Click Support from the top menu, or Support Downloads from the Dashboard.
- Click Working Papers.
- Choose the QuickBooks Export Utility from the list and click Download.
- Run the downloaded file to install the utility.
We suggest reading the help document included with the QuickBooks Export Utility if you encounter any difficulty. You can find this help by clicking Help within the utility.
To export your data from QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online:
- Launch the QuickBooks Export Utility.
- In the QuickBooks Versiondrop-down menu, select your version of QuickBooks or QuickBooks Online.
- In the Export Pathfield, click Browse and choose a location for the export data.
- Click Export.
The utility exports the data to the designated location. You can now import the data into your Working Papers file.
To import your QuickBooks data into Working Papers:
- In Working Papers click Engagement | Import | Accounting Software.
- In the Import Fromdrop-down menu, select QuickBooks.
- In the Versiondrop-down menu, select your version of QuickBooks or QuickBooks Online.
- In the Import Path field, click Browse and choose the location where you exported the QuickBooks data.
- Set the File extension to cwq.
- Complete the other options as required.
- Click OK.
The QuickBooks data imports to your Working Papers file.
For more information, see Importing from Quickbooks.