How do I clear account balances in the trial balance?
May 03rd, 2017
What is the recommended method to clear the trial balance of account balances, while retaining the same accounts, properties and documents?
We recommend using Copy Components to copy only the required data into a new file.
To clear the trial balance of all balance information:
- Launch Working Papers.
- In the File menu, click Copy Components.
- Click Copy Into a New File.
- Enter a name and location for the new file. You can reuse the original file’s name if required. Click Next.
- In the File tab, click Browse and select the file where you want to copy the accounts, properties and documents. Click Next.
- Select the components you want to include, or select All Components. Click Next.
- Select the components you want to clear, including the Account Balances. Click Next, then Finish.
The new file contains the same structural information as the original file, without the account balances. You can remove or delete the original file if required.