Best practices when performing a year end close on SmartSync files
Sep 22nd, 2017
As a best practice when performing a year end close for a SmartSync file, we suggest that you clear any existing synchronization data from the file.
To clear existing synchronization data:
- Verify that all prior year child copies have synced to the parent file.
- In Working Papers, click File | Open and select a child copy.
- On the ribbon, click SmartSync | Delete Copy. When prompted, click Yes to delete the synchronized copy.
- Repeat steps 2-3 until all child copies are deleted.
- In Working Papers, click File | Open and select the parent file.
- On the ribbon, click SmartSync | Clear Information. When prompted, click Yes to clear any remaining synchronization data.
The synchronization data is cleared and the parent file is now ready for a Year End Close. After completing the year end close, you can create child copies from the new parent file.