CPA.com and Caseware Launch Cloud-Based Audit Solution
OnPoint Audit is Latest in Suite of Advanced Audit and Assurance Tools for CPA Firms
NEW YORK (July 20, 2021) – CPA.com and Caseware International today announced the commercial launch of OnPoint Audit. This comprehensive, cloud-based solution is designed to advance the audit approach, enabling CPA firms to quickly increase productivity and effectiveness. OnPoint Audit provides an efficient workflow that reduces manual data entry and redundancies and permits transparent collaboration between colleagues and their clients.
Hosted on Caseware Cloud, OnPoint Audit is the newest solution added to the OnPoint suite of innovative audit and assurance products, offering firms of all sizes improved capabilities and efficiencies to their workflow. Among the many benefits of using the OnPoint suite, the OnPoint Audit app provides firms with:
- Intelligent content – Use guided workflows and tailored content to increase productivity, eliminate redundancy and reduce the risk of over/under auditing
- Real-time collaboration – Gain more visibility into engagement status, allowing audit teams to collaborate within the same workpaper, with access to real-time information
- Secure client requests – Auditors can securely request and receive prepared by client data, and automatically link information directly within the engagement file
- Integrated analytics – Generate sample size and select samples, perform automated journal entry testing and gather results, all without leaving the engagement file
- Automated financial statements – Produce professional, compliant financial statements in just minutes
“OnPoint Audit offers a significant improvement to the audit experience," said Caseware CEO David Osborne. “This new solution keeps focus on the evolutionary goal towards the data-driven audit, bringing automation and integration to new levels, all while staying aligned with existing audit methodology. Auditors can now shift their focus to the critical areas of the engagement, delivering better quality results and more value to their clients every time."
Erik Asgeirsson, president and CEO of CPA.com, added: “OnPoint Audit delivers the latest cloud-based technology capabilities while leveraging existing firm methodologies. Every firm has its own journey to make in moving to a more evolved audit solution. It’s an exciting time for firms to add new capabilities to their practices and new insights for their clients.”
CPA.com brings innovative solutions to the accounting profession, either in partnership with leading providers or directly through its own development. The company has established itself as a thought leader on emerging technologies and as the trusted business advisor to practitioners in the United States, with a growing global focus.
Our company’s core mission is to drive the transformation of practice areas, advance the technology ecosystem for the profession, and lead technology research and innovation efforts for practitioners.
A subsidiary of the American Institute of CPAs, the company is also part of the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, the world’s most influential organization representing the profession. For more information, visit CPA.com.
Caseware International Inc. is the leading global provider of cloud enabled audit, financial reporting and data analytics solutions. With efficiency, quality and value in mind, Caseware provides cutting-edge technology to accounting firms, businesses and government entities. Over 500,000 users, in 130 countries and in 16 languages, use Caseware solutions. For more information, visit caseware.com