CaseWare ReviewCompTax (RCT)
Bringing It All Together
| Financials | Review | Compilation | Tax | Guided Workflows
Engagement Letters | PBC | Client Portal | File Storage
- Combine Review, Compilation, and Tax engagements into one workflow
- Streamline processes with a tailored content and continuous data flow
- Track the entire scope, timeline, and execution of your engagements in real-time
- Flag issues and ensure responsibilities are met on schedule with shared dashboards
- Eliminate the need for multiple email threads
- Securely send, receive, and track client communications and requests in one location
- Work simultaneously on the same documents, on multiple devices, from anywhere
Greater Data Insights
- Leverage integrated, predefined data analytics for effective analysis and interpretation
- Visually compare data, find anomalies, and discover trends and patterns
- Generate insights with analysis charts that are linked to data throughout the engagement
What's New in the Fall 2019 Release of CaseWare ReviewCompTax (RCT)?
- Based On CPA Canada PEG 2019 Content
- Corporate Tax Certification
- Consolidated Financial Statements
- Trial Balance is now the Data Page
- Redesign of Query Functionality
To accommodate the changes in the 2019 Professional Engagement Guide (PEG) content, updates were made to:
- Move to the new alternative review engagement forms
- Create a new review findings letter
- Sample review reports
- And more!
As a cloud-based professional tax preparation software, it is important to remain compliant.
- CaseWare RCT has been certified for the preparation of federal T2 and Alberta AT1 tax returns
- Includes corporations with year ends up to May 31, 2020
Firms now have the ability to perform consolidation engagements while utilizing the:
- Dynamic content that automatically modifies wording throughout the engagement for consolidated or non-consolidated financials
- Consolidation hierarchy view to easily document the corporate structure
- Trial balance views to showcase a breakdown of financial statements within each entity of the consolidation structure
As practitioners work on subsitary files, balances can be automatically updated within the parent file of consolidated financial statements
- Option to import both the trial balance and detail transactions
- To aid in the search for accounts or financial statement structure, a left pane was added to switch between views
- Quickly retrieve sought after information with data sorting and filtering as well as improved search capabilities
- For easy sharing, the trial balance can be exported to a .CSV file
To make it easier for practitioners and their clients to prepare and navigate through Provided by Client (PBC) requests:
- A change was made to the “Query” terminology
- A side navigation pane was added to view available query questions
- The method for adding new questions was simplified
CaseWare ReviewCompTax (RCT) Features
Transparent Engagement Management
Track the entire scope, timeline, and execution of your engagements in real-time using a shared dashboard.
Seamless Data Imports
Supports files from CaseWare Working Papers and Microsoft Excel, as well as 50+ desktop and online accounting packages.
Information used in multiple places throughout the engagement will only need to be entered once and will flow-through the entire engagement in real-time.
Using client data and responses to pre-set questions, online content is tailored to provide only what is relevant for the engagement at hand.
Integrated Client Query System
Complete requests within the client portal to create a more secure, efficient communication process. Documents and responses are then carried through to the engagement file.
Work concurrently with clients and colleagues on documents within the engagement file. Using a laptop or tablet, this can be achieved from anywhere.
Using CPA Canada PEG forms*, procedures and documentation are compliant with Canadian standards.
*A current PEG subscription from CPA Canada is required
Secure Audit Trail
Requests and engagement information is recorded, tracked, and stored in a user-friendly environment.