Product Manager - Financial Reporting
CaseWare International is a leading global software provider for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. We build auditing software solutions that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With 30 years of proven success, our solutions are used daily by hundreds of thousands of users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages.
At the heart of CaseWare Canada, is our unique culture, which lays the foundation for who we are, what we do, and where we are going. As an organization, we strive for a dynamic culture by exercising three core values - community, excellence, and continuous innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
What’s in it for you:
- Have fun creating great products, solutions and an exceptional customer experience
- Take ownership of your business process by recommending and implementing improvements
- Working with an established market segment as a market leader but with a “scale up” feel
- Celebrate achievements and corporate goals with social events
- We encourage candor, collaboration and possibility thinking
- We develop cutting-edge software solutions that change the future of audit, financial reporting and data analytics.
- Passionate about success and efficiency of financial reporting, and the unwavering belief that this can lie in systems. It is important that the successful incumbent is confident, and able to collaborate with cross-functional teams in a way that keeps all teams aligned to the vision and road-map of the product.
- Exceptional technical and data-analysis skills, with a demonstrated passion for technology
- Confident, enthusiastic, and highly resourceful
- Empowered and committed
- Visionary and doer. You should possess a big-picture vision and the drive to make it a reality
We Need You To:
As the Product Manager for the Financial Reporting Solutions team, you will have end-to-end responsibility for the work undertaken by your squad within the team, focused on creating cloud based solutions. Working closely with your squad of developers, designers and QA, your goal is to keep the squad focused on building innovative solutions that exceed client expectations.
You will work closely with the users and stakeholders to understand pain points and create relevant products and features that meet user needs.
- Maintain and communicate the vision and direction of the financial reporting product suite
- Set goals and objectives for product releases
- Understand and communicate market and client needs and prioritize product development accordingly
- Set delivery dates and drive the overall delivery of product to market.
- Keep customers and key stakeholders highly engaged.
- Communicate with key stakeholders.
- Represent the customer interface and engage the customer – using your personal knowledge (subject matter expert) as well as consulting with platform providers, implementation teams and clients. Maintain a thorough understanding of the customer needs to ensure we continuously deliver value. Work closely with sales to understand and improve win rates.
- Build a strong partnership with the product owner/s. Work closely with the Product Owner/s to develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams. Express what value-added is from a customer perspective and focus the development efforts toward providing that value.
- Ensure product success. Communicate status externally. Ensure profitability (ROI). Ensure delivery of the roadmap. Validate value proposition through customer engagement, such as beta testing Integrate cross functional teams required to deliver products to markets.
- Collaborate closely with the product development team. Participate in team activities like planning, product demos and reviews. Provide day-to-day JIT tactical decisions to system level questions and prioritization. Closely collaborate with the team on an ongoing basis to guide and direct the product development team.
- Facilitate various meetings with customers and other stakeholders to communicate product strategy, direction, product functionality etc.
- Work closely with external content providers to ensure our products are compliant
- The Product Manager – Financial Reporting will not manage direct reports, but will collaborate and work closely with cross-functional teams.