Quality Assurance Automation Tester
CaseWare provides a flexible and friendly work environment. Our Ottawa office is a bright, open and modern space located in the north end of the Glebe with direct access to the Queensway. The neighbourhood offers many amenities such as shopping, restaurants, and a nearby fitness center.
CaseWare is a global software company providing solutions and services for data analysis, control monitoring and risks, spanning the whole enterprise. This wide range of capabilities empowers companies to detect and prevent fraudulent activity and revenue leakage. Our solutions are used by over 250,000 professionals in a multitude of industries located in 130 countries and available in 16 languages, and we are aggressively expanding into new product lines and markets.
As a member of the scrum team this role partners with development to ensure the quality of the software is consistent with company standards. You are responsible for seeing the big picture and looking at the product more from a user/customer point of view, which means you are customer-focused and you ensure the entire team maintains this focus. You are willing to learn and understand what customers do with the software and understand the customer’s software requirements.
- Build and maintain an effective suite of automated tests to continually ensure quality and increase team velocity.
- Effectively focus on automated testing by understanding value of automation over manual testing.
- Create test cases and plans, and maintain the test case backlog for both manual and automated test cases.
- Work as part of a self-directed team in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in coordination with co-workers, rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you.
- Contribute to advancements in overall quality within the team and company.