Application Security Tester
CaseWare has embarked on an ambitious new path of innovative, cloud-based technology solutions, adding to our successful, proven track record of delivering global accounting and auditing solutions to the Windows Desktop.
As part of our current expansion and transformation plans, we are looking for a full time Application Security Tester to join our growing team of security testers in an Agile environment. Your primary responsibilities will be focused on security test activities from inception to completion across product teams.
You’ll be expected to support the security team by implementing and maintaining security initiatives. You will perform hands-on activities such as gathering non-functional requirements, scripting, execution, and running security reports if required.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with product owners, developers, testers, DevOps and release management so solid written and oral communication skills are imperative.
Duties and Tasks:
- Use Automated Static Analysis Tools/Source Code scanners to validate findings/eliminate false positives.
- Experience with dynamic application security testing of both hardware and software targets
- Conduct web application and code testing for all systems and applications, open source dependencies, provide analysis and assess application level vulnerabilities (i.e., code, libraries, databases, frameworks, etc.)
- Validate findings/eliminate false positives and perform risk assessments for vulnerabilities discovered from static and dynamic analysis.
- Assist our full stack development and DevOps teams in building secure software and infrastructure, and act as a subject matter expert and provide guidance for product teams as it relates to application security.
- Creating & maintaining technical application security documentation to include in the company’s knowledge base.
- Performing security assessment and penetration testing in an ad hoc fashion on various applications and assist in special projects and perform other duties as required