Java Software Architect
Who we are?
CaseWare International is a leading global software provider for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build auditing software solutions that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With nearly 30 years of proven success, our solutions are used by over 400,000 users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages.
We have embarked on an ambitious new path of innovative, cloud-based technology solutions, building on our successful, proven track record of delivering global accounting and auditing solutions.
As part of our current expansion and transformation plans, we are seeking a Technical / Solutions Architect to deliver production quality microservices solution, mentor team members on best practices and working in agile squads. Collaborating with Product Leads, Development Lead, and development team members, you will have the opportunity to own the development and drive CaseWare’s future success for your respective product line.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing expansion and transformation plans.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- Competitive compensation and bonus/profit sharing plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Flexible work schedules & collaborative work-space
- Career development
- Various social events and team activities
We need you to:
- Work in an agile team with other developers, testers, and product owners to build an innovative, high quality, scalable solution
- Research and break down large initiatives into iterative coding tasks
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, share knowledge, and provide mentorship
- Coordinate with other teams to achieve deliver production quality results and achieve optimal production results for the business problems your teams are responsible for
- Research and explore new technologies such as code libraries and external products, for potential integration into the stack
- Research and propose modern approaches and best practices to the technical problems raised by your team
- Manage the selection of technologies, working with other Architects to consider the full impact, benefits and downsides, across the organization
- Coordinate with all teams to ensure your proposed architecture aligns with their requirements and business value goals
- Work with your team on the detailed design and implementation of your proposal
- Protect the architectural integrity of the current implementation, managing future changes effectively with the team and across the product development organization
- Mentor others on the principles of sound architecture relevant to today and for future direction
- Balance the scope of your proposals, ensuring compatibility with the long term vision while providing attainable milestones with business value
- Accept changes in the long term vision and be prepared to work through the changes to your architecture proposals or existing production architecture
- Keep abreast of the current trends, evaluating them for applicability to the challenges faced by CaseWare