Head of Design
Who we are:
CaseWare is the great, Toronto- headquartered technology company you’re going to hear more and more about, as we continue to evolve our products and grow our team. We are a product-driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality, and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business-critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent- like you.
We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
As CaseWare continues to expand, we are hiring a top-level manager for our UI & UX Design team that has been a strategic investment area for CaseWare. The Head of Design will be a part of the Cloud Team that is responsible for building the platforms used by third-party developers and workflow template authors around the world to build applications that are then used by accountants and assurance professionals globally.
In this role, you will help set and oversee the design strategy for CaseWare. Additionally, you will directly manage the existing team of awesome designers who are committed to developing and delivering incredible experiences to every stakeholder along CaseWare’s value chain.
Highlight of your responsibilities:
[impossible to highlight everything, but this gives you a solid glimpse]
- Accountable for the creative vision and delegation of responsibilities to achieve it
- Oversee design across a portfolio of platform products
- Partner with the Product organization to validate design iterations through the full value chain of personas - measure ten times and cut once.
- Build distribution strategies for Design assets, processes, and best practices to be shared globally by 3rd party developers building applications on CaseWare platforms to achieve common UI & UX for all end-users
- Make final decisions on the design process at CaseWare including standardization, or lack thereof, as appropriate for the success of each team
- Pitch ideas confidently and present the creative vision clearly internally and externally to all levels of stakeholders and customers
- Have strong people management and leadership skills in order to hire, develop, and inspire
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving:
[read below and see if this gets you excited; there are some cool things to tackle and where you will have a tremendous impact]
- Designing platforms is hard - whatever your current experience, this role will challenge your ability to deal with ambiguity and build the big picture for others
- Coaching and Mentoring - lead your design team members to be superstars for each of their development teams
- Building professional expertise - CaseWare builds platforms used by 3rd party developers globally to build products used by accounting and assurance professionals globally who interact with virtually every company in the world. The more you understand the professional users of the apps, the more effective you can be at building and executing a design vision.
- Defining the “user” for all consumers - Building and refining personas of “users” is an endless pursuit along the long value chain, we need strategies and tactics that scale and localize globally