CaseWare International is a leading global software provider for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. We build auditing software solutions that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With 30 years of proven success, our solutions are used daily by hundreds of thousands of users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages.
At the heart of CaseWare is our unique culture, which lays the foundation for who we are, what we do, and where we are going. As an organization, we strive for a dynamic culture by exercising three core values - community, excellence, and continuous innovation.
Without the strength of our accounting team, we wouldn’t be able to offer the industry leading software solutions we’re know for. Caseware International is looking for a Controller to direct all aspects of the daily accounting function at our Toronto headquarters.
We need you to:
- Direct all aspects of the daily accounting function
- Lead the Month, Quarter and Year End close processes
- Oversee all transactions related to general ledger, accounts receivable/payable
- Product guidance to Accounting Staff
- Supervise and develop accounting department
- Develops and maintains all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting
- Ensures that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepares and reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Reviews bank reconciliations
- Leads year-end financial statement audit, quarterly reviews and tax return preparation with external auditors
- Maintains and reviews bank accounts, including payment and administration responsibilities
- Reviews monthly payroll
- Maintain an effective system of internal controls
- Build and maintain cost accounting models and standards
- Play a key role in identifying and implementing process improvement projects
- Support ongoing system maintenance, upgrades and enhancements of the financial systems (general ledger and support systems) and related reporting