Product Owner - Data Services
CaseWare has embarked on an ambitious new path of innovative, cloud-based technology solutions, building on our successful, proven track record of delivering global accounting and auditing solutions to the Windows Desktop. The Data Services team is comprised of 2 squads that are focused on the design, development and delivery of the platform used to extract, transform and load (ETL) data into the consuming applications and/or into our data warehouse for machine learning purposes.
As one of the Data Services Product Owners, you will have end-to-end responsibility for the work undertaken by your squad within the team. Working closely with your squad of developers, designers and QA, your goal is to keep the squad focused on building innovative solutions that exceed client expectations.
You will work closely with product leads, users and stakeholders to understand their pain points and create relevant products and features that meet user needs.
- Working with Product Lead, ensure that the roadmap aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert on the domain, the market, and the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context, and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers. Build impactful, personal customer relationships. Bring the customer's voice into the creation process. Own requirements, specifications, and release plans. Research and apply regulations and governing standards to product requirements
- Foster an environment that promotes innovation. Think beyond what the customers is asking for and design what the customer hasn't even considered.
- Drive for the best customer experience possible. Work closely with UX and design developers to develop, test (validate), and deliver requirements to the squad. Drive the end to end feature delivery cycle.
- Lead and manage backlog refinement and sprint planning sessions and drive solutions to completion working with Agile teams
- Measure success. Measure everything. A feature's release does not indicate success. Define what success means for each feature and each function before it even goes to development. Develop ways to constantly define and monitor success.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product plays a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.