Software Architect - Cloud Platform
[Haven’t heard of us? That’s ok - ask your CPA or CA friend - they’ll talk your ear off!]
CaseWare is the great, Toronto-headquartered technology company you’re going to hear more and more about, as we continue to evolve our products and grow our team. We are a product-driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business-critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent - like you.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
[TLDR; Help us build the next generation of our platform software that enables CaseWare and its partners to build great products.]
The Cloud Platform (CP) team is creating a platform software, a set of core services that help internal and external developers in building a wide range of applications to automate tasks for accounting firms.
You will be part of CP to own software architecture and help us continuously enhance our design, patterns and practices. Your experience will help us build a product that we can all be proud of.
Highlight of your responsibilities:
[Impossible to highlight everything, but this gives you a solid glimpse]
- Lead technical design discussions within the team
- Create prototypes for your team to implement
- Recognize gaps and limitations and lead efforts to continuously improve
- Share knowledge, and provide mentorship to developers and quality assurance professionals
The tech stack you’ll be working with:
[We try to use the right tool for the job. Here is what your team is using today]
- Microservice and Serverless Architecture
- Angular 9
- Java/Spring Boot
- AWS (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS services), Lambda, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, EKS, API Gateway
- Our devs prefer to use IntelliJ (IDEA)
- We use GSuite (mail, drive, meet, docs, sheets, etc.)
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving:
[Read below and see if this gets you excited; there are some cool things to tackle and where you will have a tremendous impact]
- How do we select the right tools and services for our platform? Technology and requirements are changing constantly. Evaluation of building vs using is a frequent question.
- How do we successfully design and validate architecture?
- Predicting where and how our platform will break. What are the limits? How can we prevent these?
- Building prototypes to and test solutions to complex problems
- Software architecture is important but so as the ability to release and get changes to customers. Architecture doesn’t stop at design and implementation.