Who we are:
[Haven’t heard of us? That’s ok - ask your CPA or CA friend - they’ll talk your ear off!]
CaseWare is the great, Toronto- headquartered technology company you’re going to hear more and more about, as we continue to evolve our products and grow our team. We are a product driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent- like you.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
As CaseWare continues to evolve with new technologies, we are always looking to provide seamless integration of our flagship desktop products, Working Papers and CaseView, with our other Cloud-based solutions.
As Product Owner, you will have end-to-end responsibility for the work undertaken by your squad within the team. Working closely with your squad of developers and QA, you will have the crucial responsibility of keeping the squad focused on building innovative solutions that exceed client expectations.
You will be a part of our Hybrid Cloud Team, which is responsible for enhancing existing first in class desktop offerings our users love with new Cloud integrated functionality. You will be a member of a team consisting of five squads all committed to working together to achieve our goal of offering innovative solutions to users around the globe. The Hybrid Cloud Team believes in leaving “no stone unturned” when it comes to implementing solutions, meaning you will be joining a team that values your input and ideas.
Highlight of your responsibilities:
[impossible to highlight everything, but this gives you a solid glimpse]
- Working with the Product Manager, ensure that the roadmap aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert on the domain, the market, and the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context, and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers. Build impactful, personal customer relationships. Bring the customer's voice into the creation process. Own requirements, specifications, and release plans. Research and apply regulations and governing standards to product requirements
- Foster an environment that promotes innovation. Think beyond what the customer is asking for and design what the customer hasn't even considered.
- Drive for the best customer experience possible. Work closely with UX and design developers to develop, test (validate), and deliver requirements to the squad. Drive the end to end feature and product delivery cycle ensuring the product meets our high quality standards.
- Lead and manage backlog refinement and sprint planning sessions and drive solutions to completion working with Agile teams
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product plays a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders as well as between platforms and solutions to ensure requirements are delivered. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Assist marketing and sales with the value proposition and target market.
- Determine metrics that should be used to measure success of the sprint and ultimately the product release.
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving:
[read below and see if this gets you excited; there are some cool things to tackle and where you will have tremendous impact]
- Identify and execute on the needs of our international distributors to help them sustain a competitive product offering in their local markets
- Help advance the continued effort of driving integration between our desktop and cloud applications