Scrum Master - Cloud Engagements - Toronto
Who we are:
Founded in Toronto in 1988, CaseWare International Inc. is a global software provider for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build solutions that push the technological boundaries in the industry. Our approach combines the power of automation with secure collaboration tools to help customers reach new levels of productivity and make better business decisions. As a result, CaseWare solutions are used by over 250,000 users in 130 countries and in 16 languages. We have embarked on an ambitious new path of delivering an innovative, cloud - based unique global reporting and auditing solution.
CaseWare is seeking a Scrum Master to coach teams with agile methodology. We are looking for an individual who is curious, loves technology, and wants to be part of the team that will push the digital customer experience to the next level.
What’s in it for you?
This is a key position where you’ll get to flex your creative side and showcase your leadership and coaching skills.
As a Scrum Master, you'll advocate the Scrum process, model agile behaviors, and help bring a product vision to life in cooperation with the product owner and development team. Using your skills in conflict resolution and continuous improvement, you'll navigate your projects beyond barriers to enable team success and deliver an improved client experience.
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Flexible work schedules & collaborative work-space
- Career development
- Various social events and team activities
What it takes?
Your passion, great attitude, excellent communication skills, willingness to explore and awesome teamwork is all what will help you hit the ground running.
We need you to:
- Facilitate and guide a software development product owner, team, and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum concepts, values, practices, and principles focusing on improving team effectiveness.
- Manage day-to-day aspects of multiple teams, which includes leading agile meetings (Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Review, Retrospectives, and Daily Stand Ups).
- Be an ambassador of the organization's adoption of Agile/Scrum practices.
- Give support using a servant leadership style whenever possible, leads by example, and demonstrates value-add principles.
- Capture and use agile metrics and retrospective actions with an eye on assessing agile maturity and process and practice improvement.
- Embrace a servant leader role across scrum teams and support them by proactively identifying and removing impediments and dependencies.
- Support the team to identify roadblocks and remove impediments that prevent the team from delivering product features to our customers.
- Enable the team to become self-organized and empowered teams that consistently deliver on their sprint commitments.
- Maintain a strong business focus with an understanding of the current and strategic direction of CaseWare technologies.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Build a trusting, collaborative and safe environment where the team can experiment and learn.
- Provide input on direction of agile practice and assist with ongoing development as required.
- Encourage continuous improvement and increase Scrum team’s productivity.
- Create a motivational, transparent, collaborative, fun, and trustful environment where teams can work efficiently and deliver high-quality products quickly.