[Haven’t heard of us? That’s ok - ask your CPA or CA friend - they’ll talk your ear off!]
CaseWare is the great, Toronto- headquartered technology company you’re going to hear more and more about, as we continue to evolve our products and grow our team. We are a product driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent- like you.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
As CaseWare continues to evolve in the Software as a Service workspace we are looking for people who can help us on this journey. The Release Manager will be a part of the Service Delivery team which is responsible for ensuring the stability and customer experience of our Cloud platform through the adherence to and innovation of deployment practices.
You will be part of a team that is committed to developing and delivering an incredible cloud based client experience. Our customers are the amazing global CPAs, CAs, auditors, and governments who rely on CaseWare to provide them with a Cloud platform that lives up to the standards of quality and innovation that are synonymous with the CaseWare brand. This means as a member of Service Delivery you're not just scheduling, tracking, and facilitating deployments. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of release management at CaseWare through process improvements and technological innovation.
Highlight of your responsibilities:
[impossible to highlight everything, but this gives you a solid glimpse]
- Coordinate the release schedule and resources required depending upon the customer requirements, planned releases, and infrastructure updates.
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope, schedule, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Ensure all members of the release execution team are aligned and executing on the plan.
- Communicate with external stakeholders regarding timelines and details of upcoming releases and maintenance events.
- Manage an enterprise-wide release calendar to facilitate company wide communication related to upcoming releases
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
- Development of Release Management policies, standards, and processes for release governance across multiple departments to ensure there's a proper structure in place to allow for repeatable, consistent and precise deployments;
- Continually work towards improvements in the methodologies used for release management including innovating and implementing new software solutions to enhance the process
- Work with a business analyst to help measure release cadence and effectiveness through detailed metrics and status reports
- Coaching teams in effective use in ongoing adoption of build and deployment best practices.