QA Automation Developer - Ottawa
Who we are?
CaseWare IDEA is a subsidiary of CaseWare International and offers innovative data analysis tools for auditors, accountants, finance, and data professionals. Its flagship product, IDEA®, allows users to analyze 100 percent of their data, guarantees data integrity and provides easy analysis with over 100 audit-relevant tasks CaseWare International Inc. provides software solutions to accounting companies, governments, auditors/tax authorities, and corporations worldwide.
We have embarked on an ambitious new path of delivering an innovative, cloud - based unique global reporting and auditing solution.
CaseWare is looking for a full time QA Automation Developer to join our growing team of testers in an agile environment as part of our current expansion and transformation plans.
What’s in it for you?
You will have the opportunity to work with a team of testers, developers, product owners and release team.
- Competitive compensation and bonus plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Flexible work schedules & collaborative work-space
- Career development
- Various social events and team activities
What it takes?
Your passion, great attitude, excellent communication skills, willingness to explore and awesome teamwork is all what will help you hit the ground running.
We need you to:
- Analyze user stories and use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility.
- Translate functional requirements and specifications into documented test plans, cases and steps.
- Execute all levels of testing (functional, integration, and regression).
- Creation and maintenance of test data, tools and scripts.
- Promote and advocate best practices within the team and throughout the business.
- Contribute to process improvement and company knowledge base.
- Continually update skills by learning new technologies relevant to the role.
- Evaluate testing tools.
- Design and develop automation scripts when needed.
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- Apply quality-engineering principles throughout the agile product life cycle.