Desktop Software Functional Lead
CaseWare International is a leading global software provider for accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build auditing software solutions that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With nearly 30 years of proven success, our solutions are used daily by hundreds of thousands of users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages.
At the heart of CaseWare is our unique culture, which lays the foundation for who we are, what we do, and where we are going. As an organization, we strive for a dynamic culture by exercising three core values - community, excellence, and continuous innovation. Title deflation is part of the culture, this position has the scale that might be typical of a Manager or Director at another company.
The opportunity for the person in this position is to chart the course for innovation in our Windows Desktop applications. We need to expand on existing Cloud product integrations to leverage the latest technologies and products, while continuing to improve the standalone Windows applications.
- Manage a team of ~12 developers as direct reports who are all working in Agile squads
- Hire and mentor developers in your teams
- Research and break down large initiatives into iterative coding tasks
- Ensure development best practices and code quality standards are met
- Understand the full architecture of the software products the team is responsible for and represent the team technically to upper management and externally
- Coordinate with shared resource teams including Design, Documentation, Dev Ops, Cloud Ops, and Support to achieve optimal production results for the business problems your teams are responsible for
- Research and explore new technologies, such as code libraries and external products, for potential integration into the stack