Working Papers Help Centre
From latest releases and enhancements to system requirements and FAQs, you will find valuable information to help with your support needs.
Outside North America?
Contact your local distributor.
A Working Papers US 2012 Tax Export Update for ProSystem fx Tax, UltraTax CS, GoSystem Tax RS* and Lacerte Tax is now available
If you're not a member, you can register for free here.
|You are viewing the English version.|
Click the Enhancements tab to view or compare features.
Using SmartSync? Click here for the latest update.
Current Version: 2013
Previous Version: US 2012 Tax Year Export
Available Update: January 18, 2013 Update (Jan 18, 2013)
Details: The Working Papers US 2012 Tax Year Export Update only includes updates to the tax databases located in the Working Papers program directory. This update is for those users with any version of Working Papers 2012 or 2011. (To check which version you are currently using, please go to the Help menu and select "About CaseWare Working Papers".)
Previous Version: 2012
Available Update: 2012.00.078 (May 13, 2013)
Details: You MUST have the English version of Working Papers Version 2012 for this download to work. This update is for those users with version 2012 and higher. (To check which version you are currently using, please go to the Help menu and select "About CaseWare Working Papers".)
|Having trouble with a download?|
Check out our Download Troubleshooting FAQ
|Pour les versions en Français, sélectionnez Français dans le coin supérieur droit de cette page.|
|Step 1: Select how you want to view the enhancements:|
|View Single Release||OR||Compare between two Releases|
|Step 2: Select the release:|
Select starting point...
|Options:||Print preview||Need help? Click here|
How Do I Delete Documents After Lockdown?
Last Modified: Apr 30, 2013
How to Skip Annotations and Commentary Text
Last Modified: Apr 30, 2013
Converting to Working Papers 2013 for files hosted on CaseWare Cloud
Last Modified: Apr 24, 2013
Support for Microsoft Office 2013
Last Modified: Apr 18, 2013
Importing IRIS Data from a Remote SQL Server
Last Modified: Apr 17, 2013
Posting adjusting entries to groups or mapping number accounts
Last Modified: Aug 18, 2008
FAQ - eDelivery Frequently Asked Questions
Last Modified: Sep 15, 2011
Silent Installation Instructions - Working Papers 2010 and Lower
Last Modified: Sep 01, 2011
Having problems installing Working Papers 2009?
Last Modified: Oct 23, 2009
View all Working Papers CaseKnowledge Articles
Working Papers System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (Note: See here for important information when sharing files hosted on Windows 7)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or higher (Note: See here for important information when sharing files hosted on Windows Vista)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 or higher
- 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- Minimum 512 MB of system memory. 1,024MB or more recommended for improved performance.
- Program requires 150 MB hard drive space.
- The size of open client files will vary depending on the features used and the size of documents managed. Working Papers has built-in compression that significantly reduces the size of compressed files.
- SVGA monitor capable of 256 colors and 800 x 600 resolution is required. A monitor with 1280 x 1024 resolution or higher is recommended.
- Dual monitors are supported.
- Internet access is required during the installation of Working Papers.
- Updates between releases are available as downloads from the CaseWare International Inc. website at www.caseware.com/support/working-papers High-speed internet connection is recommended for downloading program updates.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher.
- Adobe Reader 8.0 or higher.
- Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 2 or higher.
Security and Permissions
- Installation requires local administrative rights to the workstation.
- Use of Working Papers requires read/write access to the program folder and any folders containing client files.
SQL Server requirements for SQL Data Store
- The Working Papers Data Store can make use of a Microsoft SQL backend to store data. Working Papers 2011 (using a SQL Data Store) is compatible with the following SQL products:
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005
- Microsoft® SQL ServerTM Express 2005. This is a free version of Microsoft SQL that the Data Store Admin tool will install (if required).
The system requirements are as follows:
- Minimum 4 GB hard disk space per database
- Minimum 1 GB RAM
- 1 CPU – you can install and run SQL Server on multiprocessor machines, but only 1 CPU is used at any time.
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008
- Microsoft® SQL Server® Express 2008
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2000
- Microsoft® MSDE 2000 – This version has a limit of eight connections.
- A file server can be used to store Working Papers client files.
- Per file server/network operating system recommendations.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2 (Note: See here for important information when sharing files hosted on Windows Server 2008)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 or higher
- Microsoft CIFS compatible networks like SAMBA on Linux
WINDOWS NETWORKING ("Peer-to-Peer")
In situations where a workstation is to be substituted for a true file server, we strongly recommend that the operating system for the workstation be Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 4 or higher) or Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3 or higher). For Windows Vista or Windows 7 users, please refer to the
CaseKnowledge article regarding file corruption when using a Windows Vista or Windows 7 workstation or Windows Server 2008 with Server Message Block (SMB2).
A Terminal or Citrix Server can host Working Papers program sessions for users. Requirements include:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Terminal/Citrix Services
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 with Terminal/Citrix Services
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Terminal/Citrix Services
- Citrix MetaFrame XP, Presentation Server, XenApp 4.5
- Server hardware configuration needs to be scaled (RAM, CPU) for the number of sessions to be hosted and the applications and templates used.
- For optimal performance, Working Papers client files should be stored on the Terminal/Citrix Server or connected to it via a high-speed network connection.
Installing the Software
Please make sure no other programs are running before you install Working Papers. In addition, disable any virus-checking software until you have finished the installation. Most virus-checking software interferes with the copying process done by the installation program.
Data Store Administration Tool System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2003 or later
- Windows XP or later
Supported SQL Servers
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or later
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 r2
The Data Store can be installed on an existing SQL Server as it creates its own discrete database. Working Papers clients must be able to access whatever SQL Server you use for the installation.
Tools Required for Setup
- SQL Server Configuration Manager (integrated with all SQL Server 2005/2008 editions)
- Windows Services Console (system built-in administrative tool)
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (available via full SQL Server 2005/2008 products)
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Express (free to download, see the links below)
Online Help for CaseWare's latest product releases is now available. Online help offers several advantages over traditional desktop help (.chm) by allowing you to:
- access CaseWare's most up-to-date help;
- learn how the latest features work before upgrading; and
- view the online help using any browser on any operating system.
Accessing the Online Help
To view Working Papers Online Help, click here .